The Online Revalidation Portfolio for Anyone Registered with the NMC
iHeART is an easy-to-use e-Portfolio based system built specifically for nurses, midwives and other healthcare professionals who want to manage their revalidation requirements with ease. You can register here.
Revalidation is a mandatory process that all healthcare professionals on the NMC register need to engage with. All nurses and midwives need to meet a range of revalidation requirements designed to show that they are fit to practice.
What do you need to do for revalidation?
There are six steps you need to complete in order to meet revalidation requirements:
- Record practice hours (minimum of 450 hours or 900 hours if you have dual registration)
- Build a portfolio of 35 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) over 3 years
- Gather 5 pieces of practice-related feedback over 3 years
- Prepare a minimum of 5 written reflective accounts
- Have a reflective discussion with an NMC registrant
- Provide a health and character declaration
- Declare your professional indemnity arrangement
- Demonstrate revalidation requirements to confirmer
How will iHeART help with meeting the requirements for revalidation?
- Easily record your practice hours
- Complete CPD and easily add your participatory learning
- Maintain an always ready portfolio of evidence aligned to The NMC Code so your portfolio is always up-to-date
- Access a portable, transferable and accessible record of evidence for your revalidation
Why choose the iHeART portfolio?
- RCN Accredited as part the HeART Appraisal Framework
- Mobile friendly system so you can upload evidence on the go from any device at any time
- Includes multiple competency frameworks e.g. the NMC Code, 6Cs, KSF, organisational objectives
- Assurance that iHeART will always be compliant with NMC revalidation requirements
- Premier IT are the experts in all things appraisal and revalidation
- Access to guides, help videos, training and events